Rules for tyre distributors
THE NEW RULES FOR TYRE DISTRIBUTORS (E.G. VIKING, VIKING CUSTOMERS)
- TYRES MUST BE LABELLED All tyres manufactured from 1st July e.g. with a DOT code of 2712 or after, must be labelled and all tyres on display which have been manufactured from this date must clearly show the label.
- INFORM CUSTOMERS DURING THE SALES PROCESS The tyre label must be clearly visible to the customer during the sales process or if not visible, then you must inform customers during the sales process about the tyre labels and what the values mean.
- PROVIDE TYRE RATINGS ON INVOICE The Regulation states that tyre label values must be provided to the customer on or with their invoice or receipt.
Viking have implemented the following steps to ensure compliance with the new regulations;
- Tyres with a DOT code of 2712 or after will display the new labels.
- Viking sales and telesales staff are fully trained on the new regulations and will be able to advise customers during the sales process and help by providing any additional information when required.
- Viking Online will also show the tyre label ratings for all tyres being sold online.
- Tyre label values will appear on all customer invoices.