Rules for tyre distributors
THE NEW RULES FOR TYRE DISTRIBUTORS (E.G. VIKING, VIKING CUSTOMERS)
- TYRES MUST BE LABELLED All tyres manufactured from 1st July e.g. with a DOT code of 2712 or after, must be labelled and all tyres on display which have been manufactured from this date must clearly show the label.
- INFORM CUSTOMERS DURING THE SALES PROCESS The tyre label must be clearly visible to the customer during the sales process or if not visible, then you must inform customers during the sales process about the tyre labels and what the values mean.
- PROVIDE TYRE RATINGS ON INVOICE The Regulation states that tyre label values must be provided to the customer on or with their invoice or receipt.
Viking have implemented the following steps to ensure compliance with the new regulations;
- Tyres with a DOT code of 2712 or after will display the new labels.
- Viking sales and telesales staff are fully trained on the new regulations and will be able to advise customers during the sales process and help by providing any additional information when required.
- Viking Online will also show the tyre label ratings for all tyres being sold online.
- Tyre label values will appear on all customer invoices.
Search for a tyre
Enter the Tyre size, speed rating and brand. Click Search
Warehouse Stock will show the stock at your local warehouse, up to a maximum of 20, we may have more tyres in stock. If it’s not in stock the tyre may be available fo Special Order.
Red flag indicates special offer.
- Top number shows stock available from your local warehouse.
- Bottom number show stock available to be transferred from another warehouse.
Add a tyre to your list of favourites.
Click on the info for Full description, tyre label and image. Click again to hide.
Buy a tyre
Place the number of tyres you require in the Quantity field.
Add to Basket
Click the Basket button to build up an order.
Click the Order Now button to order place order and progress to checkout